Lily Collins - i was rejected Due to my Skinny Frame.


Lily Collins takes the cover of Net-a-Porter’s The Edit magazine’s new issue.

Here’s what the 28-year-old To the Bone star had to share with the mag:

On her struggles with body image: “From a young age, I’ve had a desire to put forward this perfect image […]. Even though there was all this un-prettiness going on inside of me, I wanted to make sure that my appearance and composure were a certain way. I imagined that people knew I had these secrets and they’d be judging.”

On getting complimented by a friend while preparing to play a character with an eating disorder: “Someone I’ve known for a long time said to me, ‘Oh, wow, look at you!’ I tried to explain [I had lost weight for a role] and she goes, ‘No! I want to know what you’re doing, you look great!’ I got into the car with my mom and said, ‘That is why the problem exists.’”

On being rejected from magazines because she was too skinny: “I was about to embark on press for Rules Don’t Apply and I was told that a lot of media did not want to put me in their magazines. Not just on the cover – they wouldn’t put me inside looking the way I did, even though it was for a movie. No one knew my connection to the disorder, and at the time I was super upset because I thought, this is a huge moment for me and I can’t maximize on it. But it hit me – “Oh, this is going to majorly f*** with your career now, not just your health.” I told my publicist that if I could snap my fingers and gain ten pounds right that second, I would give anything to do that. I never thought I’d ever say anything like that! This cannot keep me from what I’ve always wanted.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Malaysian Police declares Nigerian man wanted.

CUCUMBER: Great benefits of cucumber water you don’t know.

Today is Donald Trump’s 71st birthday, list of 71 quotes from the President.